Sunday, February 3

solo super bowl sunday

If there is one thing that sums up my family it would be football, San Francisco 49ers football to be exact.  I was raised with only one sister but our house on Sundays was filled with EVERY tv on in the house playing whatever football game was on that day.  And every forty niner game is like a super bowl for us. My mom cooks way too much food, we scream and I end up in the opposite side of the house cause I get so stressed out I feel like I have to watch it by myself. Its ridiculous but its something that my family and I bond over. My moms side of the family is what started this obsession. My grandparents who live in Reno have had season tickets to the 49ers since I can remember.  I've been lucky enough to go to many games with my family, mostly my dad, and it is something that I try to never take for granted.

















So here is the first super bowl that the niners have been in, in years and I'm living on the other side of the country from my family. Bad timing, I think.  I've been having a pity party here and felt homesick for the first time sense living here for a month.  I have to remind myself how blessed I am to be here and to have this opportunity.. not to mention NO SNOW for 5 months. Here is to my first solo super bowl and the San Francisco 49ers. There is one crazy family that will be rooting for you on each end of the country.
 NINER NATION!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment